The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Hi.Renee!

I.must.say.that.this.would.take.some.getting.used.to... I.tried.it.just.to.see.what.it.was.like,.and.between.that. and.my.usual.typos.it.would.drive.me.bonkers!!!. Hang.in.there!

Love,
Sandy
:lol: :lol: Oh Sandy you always crack me up... Its.not.very.practical.these.fullstops.in.between.words.... maybe.renee's.keyboard.is faulty. :scratch: :lol: Im just fooling Renee... :love

Edit... :oops: Okay Renee, i just realised that you keyboard is faulty.. i thought that was how you typed.... :?

Take care....

Nice to see Petra back again and Morning light.... :cry: Where have you all been.. Just coz ive got now life, i live at the computer....

Love Sarah xxx
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hey Sarah!
I've been working, vacationing, spending time with family etc. I'm surprised to hear Petra's been away... but I see she's made up for it today :thumright:

I am loving your posts, you never fail to put a smile on my face :D

Big Luvin's to You!
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dearest Sarah AND ALL... Been away? I bloomin' wish! I had the out-law's staying for a week and wanted it to be very special because we seldom get to see them and the children adore them. And the computer's been acting up since my father-in-law did a few 'improvements' !! Erhem!

I know you are busy you guys...yeah and you too Sarah!! But coming here and reading your lovely, humourous posts, answering many questions I'm sometimes too shy to ask is a wonderful thing. Also knowing that I'm not a proper nutcase after all means an awful lot!

Love always, Pet XXXXX
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

It is going to take me a week to catch up WOW this thread is amazing!!!

Have been very busy with a different type of service and doing readings again. everytime I start to work light bulbs blow ect....

You all sound happy and healthy ..... going off to bed we went out for my son's dinner tonight to Sizzler and I thought about that restruant 'Red Lobster' my tummy fells like it had a bowl of MSG!!! But it was specail to have all the family together...

Yasmin is now 5 months and we now know it's a girl!!! Finally the boy drought is broken :lol:

Missing you all much love Gypsie :P
OH and in my last post I mentioned we were in drought now it's flooding and sadly some have lost their lives. Australia can be a harsh country at times...
Love is an action and not a word...
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello dear Gypsy,

I have been thinking about you and so glad you had a few minutes to write. You sound good if not a little full of food addatives! :) W'eve got to look into this red lobster thing! I am sort of surprised a large company like RL hasn't explored Australia and its love of great seafood. Looks like it would be ideal. Of course this country already has fantastic seafood restaurants. It might be a difficult market to enter for a foreign newcomer.

I am so happy for you. Yasmin is going to have a girl! That is wonderful news! Is she doing well and feeling good?
Are you guys still in Sydney and is Billy's ashma still under control? I am just full of questions aren't I? It has just been a while. We've missed you Deb.

Hello to the rest of you "proper nutcases!" :lol: (Petra there is absolutely no fun in being "proper" anything! We might as well let it all hang out!) :geek:

Love and hugs all around,
Sandy
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Sandy
You are amazing it's like you know each member of my family for someone who has been around this dysfunctional lot for years~~~

Are you battling down for the storm tonight? Strong winds and heavy rain, I think you get it 1 hour ahead of us...

Everyone is doing real fine which is just wonderful :lol: Lots of noise and many children are a true gift..
Have to dash we are in the homework zone here, they are 11 and I struggle with it now, God help me when they get older!!! :oops:

Much love to you and Happy Birthday George :D enjoy!!!
AJ

Post by AJ »

Morning Light wrote:Hello All!

Hey AJ!
Sounds like life is humming along quite nicely for you! Serves ya right :wink: How's that sweet wifey of yours doin?

I've recently watched/purchased a new DVD documentary called ONE, it is beautiful and thought provoking!

All Love to You Dear Friends!
Mo'
She is good and life is wonderful!!!!

Thanks for asking1

Hope all is well with you too!

God Bless and Much Love Always!
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
Mr. Bing
Family

Post by Mr. Bing »

Hi All
I received this from the " Secret" website this morning. I though you might like to see it. It is called:

THE OPTIMISTS CREED

I promise myself

To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to everyone that I meet
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true
To think only the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own
To forget the mistakes of the past and to press on to the greater achievements of the future
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and to give a smile to every living creature I meet
To give so much time improving myself that I have no time to criticize others
To be to large for worry, to noble for anger, too strong for fear, an too happy to permit the presence of trouble
To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds
To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, as long as I am true to the best that is in me

Christian D. Larson 1912

God Bless
Bing
The heart that loves is always young.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Gypsie and AJ,

I seem to have not seen either of you around lately, so its good to see you both here.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Wow Bing!
That is one excellent creed! I'm going to make a copy and carry it around with me :wink:

AJ,
I sure Love Ya Bro!

Sweet Blessin's to the Both of You :D
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Everyone,

We have had internet trouble for a few days so have been "home bound" for awhile and just now getting back on line.
Gypsy I was thinking and praying for you and your family with the storm barreling down on you. We were in good shape here, being south of the storm. A little wind but nothing like the storm of two weeks ago. "Our lake" is nice and full again and the wild birds seem happy and thrilled about all the fresh water.

Bing,
That is wonderful! If we could all, item by item, work on those promises to ourselves we would be well on our way, on a global scale, to an era of Light and Life. They may seem "undoable", but I think if we take our time and when we fall short of our expectations ...smile..pick ourselves back up again and continue to try again.. then we will able to eventually meet all of our goals. To be that person...to be around those kind of people...that would be heaven on earth. (Secretly Bing...I think you are well on you way! :D )
Hello Mo and AJ and Geoff! Oh by the way Mo I haven't had the chance to thank you for thhat hilarious "middleaged song" you sent me! :lol: I laughed till I cried and the sad thing is I can see it all a coming! :oops: I have one more question for you and please don't be mad at me...but do you remember that book you told me about twice...once a year every time my sister's birthday rolls around? Well...it is that time of year again and I swear that this year I am really going to buy it for her! The only thing is...I forgot the name of the book again and I can't find the safe place where I put it the last time you gave it to me. I think it was about nature spirits. :oops: Would you still know the name and author of the book ? I promise I will never ask you for the name of that book again! (Hope I didn't promise that last year. :scratch: )Thanks for your patience, sis!

Love to all of you,
Sandy
AJ

Post by AJ »

Hey Geoff!

I am here pretty much every day but my postings seem to come in spurts!

You all will never be rid of me ha ha!!!
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hello Everyone,

Been a while since I've been on the site and posted, guess you could say I've been in a search mode lately, trying to find answers - funny that I happen to find my way back here. :)

I just wanted to say hello and offer a bit of information regarding the law of attraction (The Secret). I've been going to an energy healer who was intially trained by Donna Eden the author of Energy Medicine (a must read if you're into that sort of thing). She explained to me that The Secret is well written but it lacks in one area. If our energies are not flowing properly, and if we have energy blockages which come from negative experiences or happenings (such as car accidents, etc.) The Secret will not properly work because we are not balanced, meaning our positive and negative attractors are not in sinc. So, no matter how many happy thoughts we have our negative attractors are getting in the way, and we all have them and most of us do not have balanced energies.

To me it makes sense but I'm a research kind of a gal, so I've been diving into all the literature I can find regarding our energy systems.

Just thought I'd share that bit of info with all of you. I always say take what you wish and leave the rest!!!!! :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad to be back here in a friendly place with all of you wonderful folks. Hope you all are having a blessed weekend!
The imagination is the place where all things have their beginning!
janfie
New Friend

Post by janfie »

CathyLynn wrote:....If our energies are not flowing properly, and if we have energy blockages which come from negative experiences or happenings (such as car accidents, etc.) The Secret will not properly work because we are not balanced, meaning our positive and negative attractors are not in sinc. So, no matter how many happy thoughts we have our negative attractors are getting in the way, and we all have them and most of us do not have balanced energies. ...
Hello CathyLynn.

So, what you say is that if you have been in an accident, just forget about The Secret because it is not going to work for you? :scratch:

Love Janne
Out of my mind, back in five minutes.
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hi Janne,

It will not work if our energy system is blocked due to the accident (this is what I was told by the expert). Now, remember I'm just the messenger which is why I am researching energy fields more.

Another thing I was told is our positive and negative attractors must be balanced in order for The Secret to work the way they say it should in the movie/book. This goes not only for The Secret but also for our body in general.

So who knows if I'm right or wrong, but it's interesting to do the research anyway. :)

If I find out anything else that would be of interest I'll let ya'll know.

Have a blessed evening.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear CathyLynn,
She explained to me that The Secret is well written but it lacks in one area. If our energies are not flowing properly, and if we have energy blockages which come from negative experiences or happenings (such as car accidents, etc.) The Secret will not properly work because we are not balanced, meaning our positive and negative attractors are not in sinc. So, no matter how many happy thoughts we have our negative attractors are getting in the way, and we all have them and most of us do not have balanced energies.
That sort of approach is always followed by "And I can help clear that up"

It sounds a bit like the charkra clearing I always hear about. But never having paid any attention to that aspect, I just smile.

I have to say I dont get it myself. If you are basically a happy person, and positive, then I would surmise that any accident you had is long forgotten. My partner Janet is just like that. Her negative experiences were water off a ducks back.

love,
Geoff.
janfie
New Friend

Post by janfie »

CathyLynn wrote:Hi Janne,

It will not work if our energy system is blocked due to the accident (this is what I was told by the expert). Now, remember I'm just the messenger which is why I am researching energy fields more.

Another thing I was told is our positive and negative attractors must be balanced in order for The Secret to work the way they say it should in the movie/book. This goes not only for The Secret but also for our body in general.

So who knows if I'm right or wrong, but it's interesting to do the research anyway. :)

If I find out anything else that would be of interest I'll let ya'll know.

Have a blessed evening.
Hello again.

I think I just skip this. Oprah, Queen of The Secret :lol: is herself a living symbol of that good things can come to people that have had bad experiences.
I am sorry, but I felt really bad about what that lady said, and I do not agree with her ideas. I'm not shooting the messenger. :wink:

Love Janne
Out of my mind, back in five minutes.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi there Geoff :kiss: sorry I haven't been around as much but being my mum's full-time carer is a full-time experience :scratch: lets just say Mum keeps me on my toes...
Now I need to put my 5 cents in around The Secret not working if your energies are bocked (hope I'm on the right road here) I have to say I totally disagree with the charkra unblocker.
From my understanding of the positive attractions coming my way is I use The Secret to help me to flow as a more positive person. I was in a terrible car accident around 14 (we went over a cliff) not a scratch was on my body, I even crawled out of the window and took photos (yes I was a strange girl).
I use my Alastic Construct to move and heal my blocked energies, I am forever astounded at what is presented to me in meditation. Anxiety is a norm for me and one day whilst in meditation the ball of anxiety was in my stomach. I thought this isn't fair so I put my hand on the ball of anxiety and felt heat removing it from my body, it was a healing experience and one where it didn't cost me money.
For years I had been paying healers to clear me, little did I know through meditation, trust and allowing the celistial to do their work would I be able to move on and help others in my AC.
If I offend anyone please that is not my intention but I am careful of light workers saying anything negitive about another light workers path.
It's all connected I feel everything, everywhere is connected.
If The Secret can help one person on this planet to be free from feeling useless then it is worthwhile.

Positive attitudes are a fundmental rule in this house and when I'm off track everyone suffers, so I remind myself when I wake to have a great day say "good morning to God" and allow God to handle my affairs for the day, when I trust a higher source I really do have a better day...and so do my children....
Much love to all Gypsy :loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Everyone,

This is a very interesting discussion and I am in a way divided in what I want to comment. I sort of see both sides of this. I know from my small experiences in meditation, receiving Celestial messages and working in the Akashic Construct, that the energy flows better and the Celestial voices easier to discern, if I am free of emotional baggage and clutter. So I am wondering if the same principle might not apply for the law of attraction only in the stance that by releasing emotional clutter we better understand ourselves, our needs, and our desires. Being balanced in this sense brings a calm and peaceful demeanor which would probably be condusive to better alignment with the law of attraction. This isn't exactly charkra tuning though, and one doesn't need another person to do this for you. You can easily do it yourself by simply quieting your mind in meditation and with an open heart ask for anything that could be affecting you physically, mentally, and emotionally to come to the surface ...just continue to wait and as thoughts form write them all down. One by one work through your list, once again in a meditative state. Study the things that rise to the surface in their entirety (How they began... what they have taught you... how they have affected you)and then when you are ready, actively release them in any way you choose for instance, through breath and sound or visually seeing them vanquished in some way. When I first began doing this I was amazed at the things that came to the surface. Some items I was expecting others I was not. So I can see where one might have some unresolved problem or traumas that could still be sitting there, unnoticed, yet in its own suttle way causing some type of distubance. Gypsy was effectively clearing her energies in the AC and we all have this capability. That is one way. Before I became aquainted with the AC, I used a simple method given to me by Helen Whitworth. I wish I could remember the whole thing now. But basically I would lie quietly on my bed and ask that the Beings of Light (I'm not sure that is exactly right.) to clear my energy systems and balance my chakras while I slept. I could feel them about as I drifted off to sleep. Whatever method you use I feel that your intent is what is most important. Ask for help with these things from the Celestials and God and they will gladly be with us and aid us.
Gypsy you are very open and positive..but by your own admission you balance your chakras and energy systems and for all we know Janne, our positive thinking Opra might be doing the very same thing. But I can understand the dismay Cathy, because for the energy healer to basically say that some trauma would automatically prevent the "Universe" from knowing our desires seems a bit unfair and scary for people who have suffered injury in their lives. I would hate to think that we have to be to be gifted, absolutely clutter free spiritual gurus to make the law of attraction work for us.
And I too dislike anyone finding fault with other lightworkers who are just trying to place their own little piece of the huge puzzel of cosmic understanding. Gypsy, what you said was perfect... "It's all connected. I feel everything, everywhere is connected." I totally agree with you! We're all working from our own little corner of the giant puzzel that is life in all its wonderous variety. We add our own thoughts and colors to the pieces we place. Will they be harmonious with the person working near us? Well maybe not at first, but with time they will age and blend perfectly. (Did that make any sense?:scratch: )

Well enough of my rambling. Another long post...I am afraid I have to apologize again.

Love you all,
Sandy
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hello All,

Let me first say that I meant in no way to bring discord into this thread. I was merely passing along information that I received that I thought would be of interest to those of us that value the information behind The Secret (this includes myself).

Since our bodies are made up of energy I thought it was an interesting topic. In no way do I believe everything anyone says which is why I research until I find an answer I am satisfied with. As I said take what you will and leave the rest, that has always been my motto!

I have used The Secret in the past and it has worked beautifully for me, and this was before I sought the help of the energy worker. I believe energy does plays a vital part in our daily lives in mind, body and spirit and much of the energy within our bodies is still untapped.

So with all that said, hope you all have a blessed weekend.
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone :hithere ,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to you all, even though I don't have much time to comment on individual posts this time around. I have, however, been visiting this thread and reading it whenever I can, to keep up with the discussions. I'm encouraged by the various stories of self-healing and removing/releasing inner energy blockages! :D

First of all, thanks everyone for your positive comments on my hair! The color has now settled down slightly, as expected, but it has still stayed auburn, and still glows like a new copper penny when I'm out in the sun, so I'm happy about that! :colors:

Secondly, to make a long story short, we've returned from our search down south of here, and we have found a new, magical place to live! Hurray! :cheers: (Sandy, your intuition was right!) It's in the small town of Monte Rio, right on the Russian River in the redwoods. It's about 10 miles inland from the coast, and right next to wine country, about 15 miles north of Sebastopol (and maybe 7 miles north of Occidental), equidistant from many different and equally-appealing environments! It's also right near the Armstrong Redwoods State Park, where there are supposed to be some really spectacular redwoods, so we'll have to check that out too! (Speaking of redwoods, yes, Mo, I've seen the Muir Woods near San Francisco, and they're magnificent; I would highly recommend visiting them if you get the chance! :D )

Below are a couple of pictures: The first one is the view of the Russian River and the redwoods from our back deck, and the second one is the little narrow one-lane road through the redwoods that our house is on. We'll be officially moving into this place on July 1st, and our lease at our current place ends on the 15th, so we'll be bustling about to finish packing and coordinate everything in the next week or two. After we get settled in, I'll hopefully be able to contribute more to this thread again!

I've got to run for now; we have tons of things to do! It's always great connecting with you all!

Love and Blessings to All of You LUV2 ,

Aqua Deb
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Deb,

That looks like a magical place.

love,
Geoff.
RebornFalcon
New Friend

Post by RebornFalcon »

thank you all so much for all those inputs.cathylynn,gypsie,sandy! i have not read/watched the secret, so i can't quite put my 2 cents worth.but i get more or less, the jist of it all.just to hear about peoples ideas, thoughts, feelings..... is all good to me. thanks.

aqualeaf....all i can say is.. wow!!!! you lucky thing. unbelievably amazing.if i had to compare it with the view i have in my back garden,you'd probably want to put a bag over your head. well, not really.the garden itself is fine,but its the city... and i've got neighbours overlooking, and i never liked that. i'ts not my house. it's my parents, as i'm staying here temporarily.ahh, anyway...

thanks again for all those pointers on energies. cathylynn... i am the same.i do like to do alot of research/thinking before i might mae up my mind. but hey.... i think anyone can make up their mind several times on one particular issue. soetimes it may not be just about the hard facts or the simple thoughts, but your intuitive feelings. maybe? i think.

hugs, renee
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dearest CathyLynn,
You wrote:
Let me first say that I meant in no way to bring discord into this thread. I was merely passing along information that I received that I thought would be of interest to those of us that value the information behind The Secret (this includes myself).
No way you brought any discord, dear lady. I think you added an interesting spark to the conversations here and something for each of us to think about. I respect everyone who researches, thinks and decides for themselves the direction they wish to go rather than accept without question others views. It certainly goes hand in hand with intuition as Renee alluded to.

Dear Aqua Deb,

Oh my! Can I come live with you! ... just kidding...(sort of. :lol: ) It is the most stiking place... as Geoff said "magical"... a very good way to describe it! The energy emmited from those giant trees must be amazing. Someday I hope to see them and feel them for myself. Then I will be able to leave this world a happy human! Congratulations on finding the perfect place! :sunflower:

Hello Renee, we too are surrounded by neighbors looking into our space. If I want any privacy at all I must go into the dark recesses of the garage with all the spiders. (Not that desperate....yet!) especially since our landlord found an 8 foot snake skin just outside the garage :shock: ...so erhmm.... maybe a new thought, privacy is overated! :lol:

Love every single one of you!
Sandy
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hi All,

Thanks so much Sandy I feel better!

Debbie, your hair did turn out beautifully! What a vibrant color! The property is beautiful! It's great not to live on top on others, we built on 6 wooded acres a year ago and all I can see is the tip top of our neighbors house - you'll love it!

As a note: We almost didn't get the property because of the poor management of the mortgage company, then after switching companies the seller almost backed out because of time constraints they were facing. I had just purchased the book The Secret and put into place all of the "secrets", and within a week everything turned around in our favor much to the surprise of the new mortgage company and realtors! :wink:

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Love,
Cathy