Another newbie here :)

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
SweetLyss214
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Another newbie here :)

Post by SweetLyss214 »

I'm not really sure where to begin, but what lead me to this site was my curiosity about "11:11." Its been very prominent in my life lately, along with 711's.... When I think back to my childhood (which wasn't that great-always felt different, and didn't come from the best of upbringings...) the one thing I can remember was the street lights. They would ALWAYS go out whenever I went by them.... My mom too. At age 33, its still happening to this day. I also am spiritual... I believe in God, always have always will and nothing will ever change that... (Even silly atheist boyfriends... Yep that relationship didn't last long LOL) Ive had a lot of correction in life due to mistakes I've made...but I know that's how we learn... I am the type of person who is very forgiving, most would say TOO forgiving...and I am very generous. I also feel like people watch me. I know that may sound odd, but it's just weird... Well I guess this might be the next step in my journey. I'm looking forward to learning more, and meeting some great like-minded people.... Have a great day everyone! ~Sweet Melissa :hithere
MichaelXavier
Busy Bee

Re: Another newbie here :)

Post by MichaelXavier »

You have found a new and diverse spiritual family here. Welcome and make yourself at home...
:kiss:
Michael Xavier
To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Melissa,

Welcome. Make yourself at home!!!

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Welcome to our sweet little "other-family" here, Melissa!! :sunflower: :sunflower:

I hear you on the forgiving thing. I am surrounded by some family and the odd friend who do not really understand forgiveness the way I do and are very quick to hold grudges, whereas I am quite the opposite and easily forgiving. I can understand where they are coming from and how they think that way, and I respect it. However, I would only be lying to myself if I tried to convince myself that my understanding of forgiveness is not the better way.

There *is* such a thing as "being TOO forgiving", when we define "forgiving" as "trusting". Although I believe forgiveness is one of and perhaps *the* most divine thing that a human being can give and receive, it should not be confused with trust. When we forgive somebody or something, it doesn't mean that we are saying something wrong is okay or acceptable. It just means that we make the choice to let go and move on from the negative emotions and thoughts that we attach to those wrongs. It is the miracle of free will, to CHOOSE not to be angry and upset even by the worst of things.

What people call "too forgiving", probably means "too trusting". It is okay and wise to forgive, to know something was wrong but not to feel pain or anger over it. But it can be harmful and foolish to constantly give back trust to those who have given clear reason not to be trusted or have broken trust before.

Trust is about who and what you allow into your heart. Forgiveness is about what you release from it. I hope this will make sense.

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Sweet Melissa,
Welcome! :hithere It was a joy to read your post and smile a little as your lovely sense of humor came to the fore. I am pleased that you have joined this "mostly sweet family". ;) (I certainly have my off days as I suppose we all do despite our best efforts. :) ) I find it interesting that you mention forgiveness as we have had several lessons posted and reposted about this very thing of late..

Lucky, I thank you too for expressing your thoughts on this interesting topics. I loved what you posted and I suspect you are spot on. Interestingly, I have been party to recent discussions in this area ...Yet...being a "too trusting person" myself. I do not ever wish to shut someone out despite their sometimes "untrustworthy" behavior as people change with the opportunities to grow and experience every new situation in their life. I like to think that today is a new day and a fresh start for me and everybody else. Yet, I suppose it is good to be as in that old saying, "Gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent." Of course, with all that said, by golly,I realize there are some areas and people in my distant past that could be better served with a little more contemplation in the art of trusting and forgiveness. ;) :oops:
:loves
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

SweetLyss214 wrote:I'm not really sure where to begin, but what lead me to this site was my curiosity about "11:11." Its been very prominent in my life lately, along with 711's.... When I think back to my childhood (which wasn't that great-always felt different, and didn't come from the best of upbringings...) the one thing I can remember was the street lights. They would ALWAYS go out whenever I went by them.... My mom too. At age 33, its still happening to this day. I also am spiritual... I believe in God, always have always will and nothing will ever change that... (Even silly atheist boyfriends... Yep that relationship didn't last long LOL) Ive had a lot of correction in life due to mistakes I've made...but I know that's how we learn... I am the type of person who is very forgiving, most would say TOO forgiving...and I am very generous. I also feel like people watch me. I know that may sound odd, but it's just weird... Well I guess this might be the next step in my journey. I'm looking forward to learning more, and meeting some great like-minded people.... Have a great day everyone! ~Sweet Melissa :hithere
Hi Melissa, I hope you're having a great day, too. Welcome to the forum! I kind of even felt miffed for you when I read that you had a "silly atheist boyfriend" - I take that he was trying to change you!~ That's a no no! I'm married to a man that says he's atheist but he's really never tried to change my views and sometimes he says things that are surprisingly "non-atheist," like about the existence of souls and the like.

It doesn't sound odd that it feels like people watch you~ I get that kind of feeling every so often, especially when I go out and wander into public places that were almost empty then suddenly, they get full of people! (I don't know if this is what you mean but who knows? Everyone's experiences are different anyway ;) )

Great to meet you! See you around on the forum!
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
one of the eleven
New Friend

Post by one of the eleven »

i posted a lengthy response, and it never showed up, fate i reckin =]
=]11:11[= Keep up the good work!
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi and welcome Melissa, nice to have you here.
You wrote:
I am the type of person who is very forgiving, most would say TOO forgiving...and I am very generous.
That's one thing I've been working on lately and I'm improving in leaps and bounds.

Petra
ॐ LOVE Petra
AJ

Post by AJ »

Welcome Melissa! :hithere :hithere

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother