The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
SheraX
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by SheraX »

I had to go back and look,thought I did say happy birthday...

SOOOOOOOOOO.. Happy birthday!!

:D :bana: :sunflower:
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Here's a weird one guys,,,,

has anybody notices our amount of posts has 'dropped'

I know George is up in the5-6 thousand (just can't quite remember)

I know not too long ago Petra had just made 4444,,,such a good number that I remembered it...

Aqua Deb you were in the 300's

I know I was in at least 1700s

there were computer problems with the board yesterday....

wonder if that had anything to do with it....?????

wierd for sure....

love pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
hamster whisperer
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by hamster whisperer »

I thought I was in the two hundreds before. Maybe aliens have stolen some of our posts? Or they have gone into another parallel universe? Or the monster at the bottom of the ocean ate them.
I think I need to go home.
Love,
Jill
Save the earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Mine hasn't change,perhaps it is old posts that were deleted,to make the MB faster?

lol Hamster!
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Mabey mine has gone down a few... :?: :D
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Dear Friends,

First of all, thank you, PP, Laura, Lilly, Sandy and Heather for the happy birthday wishes! :colors:

And I simply must play a quick mini-round of "the name game" once again:

PP and Gypsie, as you've requested, here's more info on the Ornish diet: the link to Dr. Dean Ornish's website, as well as links to information about the books of his that we have. The recipes in all these books have been developed by real chefs, and are really tasty, which is one big reason why it's been easy to stick with it:
peacockplume wrote:You write such beautiful letters,,,,it's always a joy to read them....
you take the time to respond to each of us in a caring and loving way...
your a beautiful person....the light shines brightly in you....
Aw thanks, Dear PP! :kiss: Glad you'll still be checking in while you're taking the classes -- I hope you enjoy them! What a cool meditation with us all there too -- in my meditation the other night, I could feel you there, working in parallel, as well. Can't wait to get back to Eckhart Tolle and keep reading it, the more I hear about it!

Yeah, I noticed the sudden reduction in everyone's number of posts too -- that's really weird! I think maybe you're right, Heather -- perhaps they deleted some old posts?

Sandy wrote:I do hope you know how much you are loved and how much you have added to my spiritual growth with your beautiful and inspiring posts. I smiled when you talked about your lengthy posts Yes...I think you should get recognition and at least credit for three for every one of them anyway... I'll say it again though..every word you write has special meaning and comes from such a loving heart that we all feel blessed as we read your words.

Dearest Sandy, how wonderful to see you! Thanks so much for taking the time to wish me happy birthday and write these kind words even in the midst of a two-week stretch of computer problems with your computer threatening to shut down without notice at any moment! (Computer difficulties are so frustrating! :roll:)! I've really missed you lately; it seems we've somehow just been missing each other on this thread for the past several weeks -- you've just happened to post during periods of time when I haven't been, and vice-versa. But this time, I'm seizing this opportunity to answer right away, so now we're both here at the same time this time around! :D I also just wanted to say that the sentiments you've expressed are mutual: Your loving, wise and beautifully-written posts have always added greatly to my spiritual growth as well, and I've always really appreciated how much you've helped me and everyone else feel loved, heard, included and understood on these boards! Love you, Sweetie! :kiss:

Well, I guess this was kind of a quick post :? , well, for me anyway! :roll: :lol:

Much Love to All of You LUV2,

Aqua Deb
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Sorry Debs... Wishing you a belated :

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi All You Lovelies :D,

Bing asked me to post this here on his behalf, since he's having trouble posting today:

------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought I'd do my "Bing Thing" and drop a grenade into the room and head for the door. ( Typical Male :roll: :lol: ) Men's Health sends me e-mail letters about their magazine every day. I clicked on one of the messages and enjoyed the information. However, I ran down the page and got to this link that has a great wealth of "insider information" that you curious ladies are not going to be able to resist. Think of this as chocolate cheesecake for the mind. Here you go,

http://www.menshealth.com/neversay/neve ... Say_to_Her

and here I go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Here is a link that you will just love.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/

:loves Throw some love into the wind :loves
God Bless :sunny:
Bing
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Aw, thanks Sarah! LUV2 I love that sweet teddy bear! :D

Love,
Aqua Deb
November
Family

Post by November »

Happy Belated Birthday Aqua Deb!
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Good day ladies and gents,,,,

just a quick :hithere to everyone,,,, :kiss:

Deb's I hope you always keep our coloured names going,,,,it's your signature....and very special indeed....

(honestly,,,,,I think I'm just too lazy),,, :oops:

Thanks so much for the Ornish links,,,,I'll try get to them later tonight...

yes,,,probably Heather 'got it' with the clearing up of old post,,,when she said that,,,I remember Geoff saying once that if a thread hadn't been talked on for a certain period of time,,,,it would get cleared off.... and when you think of the pages and pages that some of the threads have that haven't been answered in a long time,,,well, it does make sense...

Just look at (well we can't anymore),,,,the number of topics that grow in each thread...... so deleting things that haven't been revisited only makes sense....

Hi ya Jill,,,,,your year end must be looming in sight!!!!! do your kids do a weekly countdown!!!!! Hope all goes well and you can get through all those papers!!!!! not long now,,,,,and it'll be....
SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!! I just heard that song in my head...

A friend who just had her computer go down came over last night to watch the archived class of Mon night (A New Earth),,,,the streaming was pretty 'jerky' even for an archive,,,and I don't know what causes it...
anyway,,,the great thing about watching an archive,,,,is that you can pause it and discuss it....

therefore,,,,it took us 3 hrs to get through an hr and a half program...
(perhaps we talk to much),,,,but it was very interesting....

as we were nearing the end of it.....she got a call from her daughter who has been suffering from a migrane for two days.....

now this daughter is almost 22,,,,still lives at home, has alot of problems,,,but I've really noticed the 'control' she uses over her Mom,,,

and I've seen it for 2 yrs,,,,so this isn't a one time thing....but no matter where her Mom is,,,,she'll get 2 or 3 phone calls during the time....so last night it was please take me to the hospital.....

so "UP" rises the anger and resentment,,,,(because this lady really dislikes hospitals),,,,,but she maintained with breathing,,,and left,,,just doing what she had to do.....saying she was going to be re-reading Ch 4, while she was waiting up at the hosp....

anyway,,,what with the interruptions of the stream,,,,we decided that once we finished the online classes,,,,that we'd do each week over again,,,but this time,,,,we'd read the chapter together,,,,then go through the transcripts (which I have printed to date).....

The transcripts for Mon night were just posted this am....so perhaps we'll go through it soon....

well, I'm off......my class is tonight,,,as allan is working today,,,,so no vehicle at the moment.....but it's beautiful and sunny,,,,finally warmed up abit to be able to work out in the sun for awhile.....

The stinging nettle is coming up (as usual),,,,and it's a yearly battle with it.

love to everyone....
Oh, allmost forgot,,,,thanks for the links Bing.... :loves here's some for you...

pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
Migraine is quite alarming, especially with the visual disturbance as well. She must be insecure, needing her Mum like that so often. Let's hope she gets the correct treatment.......what a lovely Mum she has in your friend.
Love lilly xxxxx :D
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Lilly wrote:
you're haunting me!

:shock: That's quite cool Lilly! I love it! Haunting though?? Don't mention that word! :lol: Well, my two pals from Wales, Gemma and her hubby Matt came to visit for just 4 days, and Matt saw 'something'. When I told them about the other sightings Matt did a :shock: and each time he wanted to go up to their room, or even the loo he'd whisper to Gem: "Gemma, erm..." and she'd say: "Yeah I'll hold your hand Matt!"

Hey Everyone, Happy Birthday AquaDeb! I hope you had a splendid day, sorry we missed it sweety!
I have only been able to go online a few times this week, so only clocked what Corsica looks like the once. Niiiice! Sweeeet! Totally!!!
I'm not thinking about it though. Just concerntrating on now! On cleaning this house up to the nice state it was before we moved in!
Thank you for what you wrote (since I've switched web server's, I find it hard to quote! (And I have auto-spell check now. Squiggley red lines here, there and everywhere! Aren't computer's so smug! "Erhem! Madam, what does concernterating mean? Don't you mean concerntrating?" When I want to turn it off, it asks: "Are you sure you want to log-off?" "Just as sure as I wanna throw you outta the window Pal!!") Well, it's fixed now, it was loaded with viruses and rubbish!

Gypsie, aww you!! I was talking about you to my mate Gem, just before Phil came home to take them to the airport. I was telling her about all of you's actually. She said she would never live in Aus, but only because of the deadly creatures. I told her about Sandy & George's incident with the shark too. Her best mate lives in New Zealand and they are considering going there. I told her a few deadly creatures wouldn't put me off! It'd be worth the risk. She did mention that so many Brits go to Aus to live, but end up going back because of the huge distance and they miss their relatives so much. Well, I haven't mine for years and years...I could handle it!
What a kind thing you did! I had a great picture in my mind of your Aunt screaming. I had a little tear! Nice one. Thanks for the optimism and boost. I needed that.

Just before Gemma and Matt left, two lost dogs turned up! Luckily the cute black one (proper pedigree too, by the looks of him) has a big massive collar with 2 numbers. They looked as though they had walked for miles. I wonder why they chose to park their weary legs at our house? The kid's got them some food and it was gone in about 10 seconds. They're zonked out on a blanket huddled together right now! As Gemma left she asked that I phone to let her know they haven't been abandoned or anything.
She adores dogs. Her dog died recently. Our dog adores her!

Only 2 weeks and a bit left to go :bana: Love you All very much...

Oh and I'm going on a diet too, a low carb one. Sarah? That's a fair few pounds you've lost, I just want to fit in my nice few clothes that I have left. I'm still wearing Phil's shirts!!

Bye for now! Pet XXXXXXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Hi Petra,

Good to see you. The computer comment got a chuckle out of me...

Poor lil pooches,they could sense the love from you all. :) I was thinking of my dog the other day and was thinking what great animals they are. All they want is love and acceptance like they give us.

Heather xo
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,
Yes I know a few others that suffer with migranes,,,,my sister used to get them when she was younger too...

Hi Pet,

sounds like you're looking forward to Corsica,,,,,,good going...
hope you really enjoy it...

The heat will melt what you don't want away,,,,just don't dehydrate!!

love to all.

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello PP, Ohhh, just the word heat is making me smile! Outside it might be 80 degrees Fahrenheit, inside the kitchen: minus 1 every time.
I wear a beanie on my head when I go cook a meal, make a snack, etc!
Come into the living room, with the high ceiling and all that, so warm, I'm taking off the beanie and layers of clothing!

Hey Heather, oh why do computer's have to make a right big song and dance when you log on: "Dedaaa!" or is it even, "Deeneenaneee! Here I am!" Yeah?? And?? You useless piece of...currraaap! Does a heart monitor switch on with that Dedaaa jingle noise? No it doesn't! It's a lot more modest and USEFULLLLL!!!!

:oops: Sorry, Sorry-But you, Sandy might sympathize with me about bloomin' com-(smug)-puters!! My mate told me: "Let them rule you and you're a gonner! Use your noggin and stop obeying every pop-up! Better still ban your pop-ups!"
I was having authoritative looking pop-up's with swanky names telling me they had found all manner of info from me and they could clean it up for FREE...just click here! And I clicked it, like a plonker! Which automatically caused allsorts of probs. Trojan? I thought it wasn't all that bad! Aaaanyway, whatever! All is good and as it should be!

Those dogs are still here! Can't seem to get in touch with the owners yet! I hope they weren't abandoned? Naaa, the number looks local-ish!

One's a female, and one's a you-guessed-it! Sherlock Pet here reckons they were meeting in the woods and then got lost, because Monsieur Black curly-haired pedigree seems a tad colder with Madmoisselle-been-around-the-block-a-fair-few-times hunting bitch.
Started off with sharing their food, body warmth etc, the situation is now him over by the laundry and her at the other end on Patch's bedding by the door! With the occasional throaty growl if he comes too close!!
He's a Ped with a collar, no ticks, she's a scruff, little wild number with a few black things hopping about over her coat!
Thalia caught one (would you believe??) and showed it to me and asked what it was! I was like...4 foot in the air and shouting "It is a tick!!" and she played with it for a while before setting it free in the grass! (no emoticon for totally disgusting look! I know I ought to love all of Nebadonia's creatures, like my daughter does, but parasites like tics, etc....*shudder* well, they take and don't give do they? I mean, at least flies do us a favour!!!

Love, petra XXXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Now there's a smile that shows the spirit of Pet....beautiful avi,,,

ifn we don't get some sun here soon,,,,I'm gonna be getting a buddy pass and stand at the airport for the first flight to 'sun land' wherever it might be....

I must just be gettin too old to enjoy the rain any longer....as I sit here in joggers,,,,an 11 11 T-shirt,,,a heavy sweater,,,,and really, really, thick socks.....and I will not build up the fire,,,,I'm really low on wood,,,and there's a sneakin suspision in the air about some 'snow' SNOW, here on the island in april.....I'm shakin my head....

I guess, I shouldn't complain,,,,oh yes,,,,except for the ticks....I guess that's a sign of spring,,,and one we could do without....

I remember in the 'old' days,,,,my grandfather used to burn the fields,,,that kept the ticks down,,,,,now the burnin is outlawed,,,and the ticks are in......

oh,,,enough, enough,,,,

get your sunny stuff out soon...

love, pp
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
Sounds like everyone is fine and dandy..... I'm going to a cocktail party tomorrow night.......I'll be having one cocktail and the rest mocktail ...being the driver.... alcohol doesn't agree with me anyway..
Feel worn out and am going to bed early tonight...
Pet,
I found a dog once with a purple tongue...haha no I'm not kidding, found it's owner, hope you do, it's a shame when they get dumped.
Hello to Everyone on the board.......feel very tired and must get some sleep...... pp, I hope that young girl with the headache is feeling better.
Goodnight and Godbless
lilly xxxx :kiss:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Lilly,
Yes, she felt better as soon as she got what she needed at the hospital..

I calle yesterday and asked how she was and she said alot better,,,then later I was talking to her Mom,,,and she said they figured out what probably caused it....she used toxic crazy glue to glue on phony nails....
not once,,,but twice,,,,,then the headache came on....

sometimes........I wonder,,,,,,,

I've heard of dogs with purple tongues,,,,and I think they're Chows,,,(short, fat and pushed in faces,,,,and not very sociable)...not so much unfriendly as just aloof...

yes, I'm pretty sure,,,,when we were showing,,,we had some friends who had Chows,,,,,it's all coming back now....it was a long time ago since I've seen them,,,they live up north,,,and I haven't gone to a dog show in a good 10 yrs......but,,,yes,,,,it is the Chow Chow........

could be others too,,,but I don't know...

have a lovely social evening tomorrow night....well,,,actually it's not long off from now is it....

I fell asleep around 11,,,,woke up at 2,,,,,made some popcorn and watched rescue mediums......they were in a place called Pubnico in N.S.
Heather will know where that is on the south shore......kinda made me homesick for the days when I lived with my Gram and Grampa in N.S. the houses are quite distinctive....although they lived closer to Hebron and South Ohio on the other side of the peninsula...

Thought I was going to get a good nights sleep.... :cry: :cry:

but maybe a meditation will do....

loves to you all
pp
xoxoxox
Daily Affirmation:
Mr. Bing
Family

Post by Mr. Bing »

HI Everyone :hithere

The theme of "The Secret" seems to be "God gave me everything I want" :cheers: . So, I found a theme song for this thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EASrVeAdFBE

:loves Throw some love into the wind :loves
God Bless :sunny:
Bing
The heart that loves is always young.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi Pet :hithere you are sounding brighter each day!!! Good News so is Corcica a long way from where you are? It must be because of the change in temp :scratch: I've got a globe of the world here but Harry has stolen my glasses yet again! I bougth bright red ones this time thinking no he wouldn't, YEP, he loves them :grrr so trying to read is not a happening thing!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AQUA DEB :kiss: you are so sweet and kind I will reply on the mother thread soon, I actually cried when reading everyone's post :cry: she is a handful :roll:

Well I better go back to bed, it's every early morning and I have no idea why I woke up, you know how sometimes we can wake and get an uneasy feeling? Not sure what it's about but it's raining heavily and the sound on the roof is beautiful :happy

watch those ticks PP, our Lab Rosie almost died from one years ago, but a white tip spider actually killed her the poor love. She was the most beautiful dog, dumb but beautiful, I would sing "Rosemary I love you" in a high pitched voice and she'd howl away WHIST She was so thick she dug a hole fell in it and broke her leg, another time she slid down the creek bed after 24 hours Harry went looking, there she was in the water! all she had to do was walk about 5 metres and she could get out but no she tried to climb the steep part of the bank. He carried her home and sat in a warm bath with her for a couple of hours, he boss rang and I said "oh sorry Harry's inthe bath with the dog" :shock: OK he said..

Love you all Gypsie
Love is an action and not a word...
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Hello everyone,

I been playing hide and seek, just reading but doing very little posting. Its been a stressful 3 weeks to say the least, but at least I'm getting a chance to be more aware of what part I play in being stressed out :roll: .

Good to see your beautiful smiling face Petra its wonderful to see the cloud has lifted and the sun is coming out. The dogs found you because they know you will do right by them, its love :loves . I know what you mean about computers :duh you have to earn a computer science degree to be alert :shock: . Hopefully one day that will be remedied :wink: when it becomes our express way to communicate, I guess right now we have to put up with the mischievious persons that create havoc.

I sure could use some prayers as I'm being pulled in directions that are irratating me and I'm trying to maintain myself. I know my sister loves me but I think she feels I'm wasting my time on the computer and everytime I try to communicate with anyone or do other things she needs me or keeps interrupting me. I want to say something but she's just not the same this visit at home and her ego and painbody are absolutely nothing to deal with. I'm even having a difficult time meditating even when I find peace and quite. Please say a prayer for my patience to stay in check. I never thought I would have ever felt this way with her, she's my hero :cry: .
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hiya All, Laura! I'm so sorry to hear that. You have given me and us all so much of your time and love!
I'm sending you loving energies and shall do my utmost tonight. It's already late but I'm not tired at all!
I'm so glad I heeded the urge to pop on one last time before settling in for the night. Hopefully you'll be feeling better very soon.

Love you, Pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D I'm feeling a little better knowing I have wonderful friends like you Pet that will put a word in with the Big Guy :lol: . I felt so uneasy today and so I told my sister that I was doing what made me happy but she's in that mode to have everyone do something she's wanting :roll:. If I did not live at her home it would not be so bad. Normally, they only come home for a week here and there. We have an understanding and I pay rent but she's just not the same as she always has been. I try to let her know that her shopping sprees and remodeling is not my cup of tea but it goes in one ear and out the other :lol: :lol: . Of course, my interests seem frivoulous to her and its causing some friction, but will get through it.

I have a job interview this week coming maybe its what the doctor ordered. I sure have missed spending time with all of you.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Thinking of you Laura. :love