The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Heya All & Sundry, :lol:

Gypsie, we've seen Fern Gully but not the second one, so, cheers for that! Also seen the hoax fairy story. Aw Gypsie-Deb, thanks for those kind words. How's little Jack? Happier at school I do hope!

We recently had our water switched from the mains, to our own spring and had to get it tested. Three times the result was inadequate even dowright poor, so we sent them mains water and the report was even worse!!! :lol: Back to ours it is then!! Although it has traces of e.coli in it, but the kid's seem immune to it, but not me :( So I drink bottled. Yeah it is important to drink, like, 10 pints a day isn't it? But who does? :lol: I'd be living on the loo...at first!

Byeee, Petra xxx
AJ

Post by AJ »

hey Pet,

you are suppossed to drink half your body weight in ounces per day.
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

Petra writes:

<<< We recently had our water switched from the mains, to our own spring and had to get it tested. Three times the result was inadequate even dowright poor, so we sent them mains water and the report was even worse!!! >>>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love THAT !!!!
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
aqualeaf
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Petra and All,

Our little coastal village has no main water system, so each house has its own well. We're renting a house here, and in our lease, it states that the well water has "some sulphuric smell :twisted: " and that "leasees are further advised strongly not to drink the water, but to use bottled water..." So we drive into a bigger town about 7 miles from here every week or two and stock up on bottled water. We have 4 3-gallon jugs (about the biggest size that's still easy to carry) that we fill from the water vending machines there each time. Quite fortunately, we haven't much noticed the "sulphuric smell"! We still brush our teeth and steam vegetables with the well water, and it never seems to cause any problems, but any time we actually add it to recipes, make tea, etc., we use the bottled water to be safe. I don't know if our landlord ever had it tested, but who knows what all might be living in it! :cyclopsani: :spiderman: :rambo:

AJ, that's a good, handy formula to remember for water intake; I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense. If a person weighs, say, 130 pounds, half of that is 65, and 64oz is a gallon, so they'd need to drink just over a gallon (8 pints, or 16 cups) of water per day. Sounds about right. Except I sure don't drink anywhere near that much! :shock: Petra, I'd be "living on the loo" too at first if I did! I used to have a friend who was a college basketball player, and she claimed that once your body gets used to drinking lots of water all the time, you no longer have that problem. But I've never been eager to go through that interim adjustment phase! :bounce:

Love and Blessings LUV2,
Debbie
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

No, wait a minute - I think my math is messed up :roll: ! Let me think, 8 oz in a cup, two cups (16oz) in a pint, two pints (32oz) in a quart, four quarts in a gallon, that adds up to 128oz instead of 64! So a 130-pound person only would need to drink 1/2 gallon, then! Whew, that sounds a little more manageable! Let's see, that'd be 2 quarts which is 4 pints, which is 8 cups. Sounds easier to work up too. Smaller people with correspondingly smaller bladders don't have to drink as much! :D

Love and Blessings to All,
Debbie
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Debs, I'm a meter measurer myself! And I have no idea what I weigh as I have only been weighed when I was preggers! Even then they were only munbers to me...couldn't give a cr**!! But, I reckon I am about 9 stone, so I would be drinking??? Let me know, 'cause I told Mati earlier in another thread, I'm really cr** at math! :lol: We-ee-ell, I can do some mental arithmatic! :? :roll: :D Who cares eh??

Love you ALL, Pet xxxxxxxx
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Pet,

You mean you actually trust me to figure it out after I messed up the math up there earlier? :shock: No, seriously, let's see... I did just assume at the outset that AJ means weight in pounds (am I right, AJ?), since he's in the U.S. -- so, continuing to use that assumption ...

You just taught me something new! :colors: -- I googled "stone" as a unit of measurement and found out it's a British term for the weight of people and animals. One stone is equal to 6.35029 kg or 14 pounds. So 9 stone is 126 pounds, which, it just so happens, is really close to my example of 130 pounds that I used earlier!

So, that'd mean you need to drink 63 ounces of water a day, which is, according to some converters on Google, about 1.86 liters. Actually, you use pints as measurements too, right, since you mentioned them earlier? So that'd be 3.93 pints, so for all practical purposes, you'd need to drink 4 pints a day, same as in my earlier example! How 'bout that! :D

Love and Blessings,
Debbie
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Guys,

I'll have you know that all this water talk has inspired me and as I am writing this I am foregoing my coffee for a glass of water. Not sure how long that will last! I will probably cave in before I finish this post! :lol:

Thank you so much Debbie, for all that wonderful information that I now have at my fingertips thanks to you. It is a good beginning for us. George and I eat a lot of spinach and I am pretty sure it is one of those veggies that is higher in protien but what a shame that it isn't the best calcium source. I used to be much more conscientious with what we ate so that when we snacked we snacked on healthy foods such as nuts and fruits. I am afraid we have allowed some bad habits to creep into our diet. You know a couple of years ago when I began eating healthy and I am not speaking of the vegetarian part of my diet, rather the eating fruits vegetables oats, museli, salads etc. I noticed I had so much more energy and the weight just gradually came off without any muss or fuss. I was also drinking herbal teas which probably helped my water intake. I don't think you can even count the coffee and regular tea as a water source can you?
Also I think I read somewhere that you need to do something for two weeks straight for it to become a habit so My husband and I need to make a pact that no matter what, we will make some changes and stick with them for at least a couple of weeks straight even if the benefits haven't become apparent yet.
Yes, Debbie, Australia is pretty dry in some place so they are pretty careful about conserving water. It has been good for me to appreciate and foster this kind of an attitude. Where I used to live there was always plenty of water and we had this marvelous well. Well I say marvelous, but we may have been in the same boat as Petra had we had it tested.

Love to all,
Sandy
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi All
Sandy I had really bad leg cramps off and on for years (now it's just hot flushes) what worked for me was magnesim 1000 stopped them in their tracks.... Also in meditation I would focus healing on my poor legs. I am so lazy finding it in a bottle was my answer.

Everything in a bottle :shock:
( thats why I haven't touched alcohol for years :lol: and I grew horns )
Debbie
You are amazing so much information, I really am so so lazy!!!

Petra
When you watch Fern Gully2 let the girls know the boys lived at the base of the mountain and went there for school excursions... There is a massive rainforest tree which I would take all visitors to sit under or hug, beautiful place Mt Warning :happy
My Alastic Construct starts at that tree, I do hope I'm going in the correct direction??

I love this thread - it shifts and changes like the seasons.......

Boys are happy all is well and the heat is leaving for another season in Australia :duh With the hot flushes and the heat I've been like a bear with a sore head..
love to all Gypsie
Love is an action and not a word...
mrscbvet
Old Friend

Post by mrscbvet »

you are suppossed to drink half your body weight in ounces per day.
Ohhhh myyyyyy..... :( :( :( :? :? :? Is that really do-able? Oh my...
Love,
Brenda
8)
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Thank you so much Debbie...So, 3 pints of water a day?? Hmm, I think I'm actually 8 stone! :lol: I can't stand drinking water, unless I have a hangover or been doing streneous work. Like today, Phil got the car stuck in the sticky mud in one of the fields while he was mending fences and cutting back trees. He was so utterly down and kept saying he was a useless eejit etc..(On the phone).
He came back home (he was about 4 miles away) and I decided to go with him. It ended up being the perfect opportunity to talk things through, only that very morning I was praying that he would be his old self and stop mooching about and bringing us all down with him.
So, we set off to Greenlands, in hiking boots and Phil had a rucksack with a spade sticking out of it, looking for all the world to see like a pair of tourists on a Preseli hiking expedition. (Except the spade looked a bit ominous, :lol: perhaps we're off to bury a dead body or something??)
Aaaanyway, during our walk he began to slowly but surely talk. After jacking up the car, digging that sticky mud away and putting a few posts down, I pushed, he drove and got it out. I'm jumping and whooping for joy at our success, while he's kinda smirking a bit whilst lighting a cigarette.
After more streneous work helping with the fencing, he was telling me about his exploits and the great people he met etc., and for the first time since he returned, after the initial joy of seeing the kid's again, he was happy once more. Hard grafting is so good for the blues, huh?

I'm having spinach tonight! I found a load in the freezer and I love the stuff! Spaghetti, lots of spinach, pine nuts, pesto, chopped bacon, and a big dollop of fromage frais, with a heap of grated cheese...Hmmmm!

Love You All, Pet XXX Oh Gypsie, I will look for that DVD tomorrow after work, thank you, and I'll be sure to get all excited along with the kid's when we see the mountain. That's pretty cool actually!!
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All!
Wow, this thread is on page 11 of 11 too Cool 8)

I just want to say the Fern Gully is one of my favorite children's films! It has a great message to it also, regarding our environment and taking care of or mother earth/urantia.

Petra,
I am soo glad to hear that you and Phil are back in the flow again!

I read about the water thang a while back.... does anyone have any ideas in regards to making water more enjoyable to drink :scratch:

Well, Warm Hugs All Around :cheers:
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hello all...

Mo:
does anyone have any ideas in regards to making water more enjoyable to drink
Yeahhh... put in 3 heaped teaspoons of hot chocolate, some sugar, a splash of cream.... nooo im fooling.... I do like herbal teas very much, the fruity ones, with a bit of honey, i drink them all day long... Rosehip is my favourite and very good for you... I hate drinking water too, i have very sensitive tastebuds and can taste the bleach.... yuck..!!

Take care all, im up late ... goodnight

Love Sarah xxx
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone! :D

All this talk of water has gotten me drinking more water too (but still not near enough -- I'll have to keep working on that! :roll: )

Sandy, you're quite welcome; I'm so glad to be of help! I think you're right -- coffee and regular teas are diuretics and dehydrate the system, so they can't really be counted as a water source (and I was also reading, regarding the calcium again, that coffee actually inhibits calcium absorbtion too :( ). And yes, I think you're right; herbal teas do count as water intake. In that case, now that I think about it, I'm doing better on the water-drinking than I thought -- About a month or so ago, I replaced all diet soda in my diet with cups of herbal tea, and I'm having a lot less headaches than I used to.

I've read that you have to do something 21 times to make it a habit, or three weeks (I guess that'd be 21 days, come to think of it!). I've read about studies on organizational change showing that anytime there's a reorganization, reassignment of duties, major procedural change, etc., in an organization, it takes people 3 weeks to make/adjust to the changes return back to their original productivity levels. So that's a good motivation to just keep on sticking with things, even if change isn't apparent at first.

Ron and I have slowly been improving our eating habits over time. We're not vegetarians, but we do eat a fair amount of vegetables, and fish probably 80% of the time now, chicken the other 20%. I'd like to steer it more and more in a vegetarian direction, though. I even started reading about raw-food diets lately, which sound immensely healthy, but they do require some advance planning and special equipment, like a food dehydrator, if one plans to take their diet far enough in that direction.

Gypsie, it's not really industriousness on my part, it's just the fact that I'm by nature almost unavoidably extremely detail-oriented. (I've got a lot of "mouse medicine," to quote the Jamie Sams "Medicine Cards" deck of Native American animal totems -- a tendency toward examining and gnawing away on every single little thing. It can sometimes be a really useful trait, but at other times I can drive myself crazy with it! :shaking2: )

Yes, I agree, this thread does have a cyclic nature like the seasons, with bursts of great activity at times. I love that about it too!

Petra, Hmm, 8 stone, that's 112 pounds (my, you must be slender and petite!). So you'd need to drink 56 oz. of water, which works out, I think, to 3.5 pints, or 7 cups (if you use that measurement), of water per day.

Wow, it makes sense that it might be a bit of a shock to the system, and require a little adjustment phase, coming back from such a long trip in such a different climate -- that's great that Phil's reacclimating and you two are getting the time to reconnect and get synched back up together in the same environment.

Your dinner plans sound excellent! Mmm, I love pesto and pine nuts!

Hi Mo! How to make water more enjoyable to drink, that's a great question -- and if we come up with enough interesting answers, it'll be a great help to us all! I've noticed I like water more when it's chilled and/or has ice cubes in it. Also, I've read about people squeezing a bit of lemon or other citrus juice into water, and/or floating a slice of lemon or lime on top, though I've never made the effort to do it myself. Perhaps I'll have to start, though! Or maybe adding a little rose water or something like that?

Also, I wouldn't try this without learning more about it first, but maybe one could flavor a large quantity of water with a drop of an essential oil? Some herbalists say never to ingest essential oils, while others include "cooking with essential oils" sections in their books or write whole essential-oil cookbooks (I'm interested in getting one one of these days!).

Hi Sarah! Good to see you back on this thread! Yes, I love the taste of rosehip in tea too -- I just bought this new tea the other day called "Love Tea," with rose buds and a whole bunch of other pleasant herbs in it, and it really does taste lovely!

Well, it's getting late here, so I'd better go get some sleep!

Love, Blessings, and Goodnight to You All LUV2 ,
Debbie
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hows this for timing when I looked it was page 11 of 11...

Wanted to say I enjoyed the story of the dog in todays list op....

Just love it, thank you for to whoever sent it what an amazing story..
Love Gypsie :happy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello every one,

First of all, Gypsy Deb, I have a feeling I am probably in the early beginnings of the "warm and happy" years that all us ladies must go through to be initiated into the"Golden Age club." I'll try eating foods rich in magnesium and calcium first and try your suggestion about meditating the leg cramps away before resorting to the "hard stuff'. But that is definitely an option. I seriously need to cut back on the coffee and it truly could be the big culpret since that is something that has dramatically increased in our life. A couple years ago I kicked the habit in one hours time. I had my last cup the night before and I developed a pounding headache the following day as my body realized I meant business this time! I decided enough was enough and I went into my AC library and asked for help combating the addiction. When I came out no head ache and the desire was gone as well. What a shame that I allowed it to inch back into my life again.

Thanks again, Aqua Deb, for your wealth of information! I for one am loving your wealth of knowledge on this subject and appreciate all the little tid bits of information that you can provide for us! Interesting that you should bring up a raw diet. I too have looked into that. George and I for awhile were trying to eat at least one raw meal a day and adding more fruits and vegetables as snacks in between. I think a good strong food processor or blender with an "s" blade is also important as well if you want to do some of the unusual recipes with almonds and other nuts. Our friend Beaver on the MB follows a raw diet and has for years so if you need any information she'd be a great person to talk to. I still would like to go to a mostly raw diet some day. But it seems when we get busy things like that tend to get sloppy around here. And I make something to eat that I already know and could do with my eyes shut just because it is easier and faster. That will probably be chisled on my coffee cup shaped tombstone, "She did what was easiest and fastest!" :(

Hi Pet, I am so glad to here that you and Phil had a good day even though you were both up to your knees in mud! Your supper sounded great! I had never eaten pine nuts until a few years ago. I now like them in many dishes, but the first time I ate them was in a cheesecake while doing the Adkins diet. I used them instead of grahm cracker crumbs for the crust which would have been a big no no on that diet. May I ask what is fromage frais? Don't think I have ever heard of that.

Okay Brenda...We can do this! We may slosh when we walk and we may need to stay pretty close to the bathrooms for a time, but we can do this!! (This coming from the girl who still has that deck of dusty old yoga cards sitting on her desk untouched! :oops: ) I think I need a personal trainer or a drill seargent or something!) I am "will powerless!"

Hi Sarah! I was just thinking about you. Have you left been able to leave on your trip yet? I know you said earlier that you were hoping to be gone in March I've had lemon in water before and it wasn't bad. I have never had rosehip tea before but since you all seem to like it I will give it a try. I am also fascinated by your new avatar picture. Where did it come from?

Well I am off to bed soon.

Good night and Love to all of you,
Sandy
AJ

Post by AJ »

Sorry, I have missed all the questions in this thread.

Yes I am using pounds and ounces. So for me I have to drink about 3 liters a day. It is definately doable.

And for those of you wondering about the math I weigh about 200lbs so need to drink 100 oz of good ole H20 per day. I do not do this and normally drink about 70 oz per day. You do feel much healthier when doing this but you can imagine the number of trips to the bathroom.
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
Mr. Bing
Family

Post by Mr. Bing »

Hi All :hithere

I started to read page 1 of this thread, which Peg started, and the topic was "The Secret". Now we're talking about water. :scratch: :lol:

For those who are interested here is a link to a free seven part course that is offered by the teachers of "The Secret".

www.themastersofthesecret.com

There is a new motivational teacher each week. Most of them were on Oprah or on the DVD. The course can be listened to on your computer and you can download the text and/or the MP3 version of the lesson. Each lesson lasts about 1 1/2 hours.

Now back to the topic at hand. :lol: My wife and I have a well at our residence. We purchased a water softener and a ultraviolet light water treatment system that kills all of the harmful bacteria before it enters the pipes. If you are on a public water system you can purchase an "under the sink" filtration system that will effectively remove bad tastes, and harmful microbes and bacteria before they get to the taps. The systems can have their filters replaced monthly or yearly. You can probably make payments over a period of time for the purchase. Throw some love into the wind. :loves

God Bless
Bing
The heart that loves is always young.
mrscbvet
Old Friend

Post by mrscbvet »

Hi Bing!
Thank you for posting that link!! I'm just fascinated by the whole thing. I think I'd to read the book too after having seen the movie. Anyway, thanks again for sharing that! Oh... and thank you for turning that "cool Canadian breeze" down a couple of notches, as asked.... hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love,
Brenda 8)
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hello Sandy, Brenda and all...

Sandy:
Hi Sarah! I was just thinking about you. Have you left been able to leave on your trip yet?
I am still here in the UK, i should hopefully be leavng very soon, in 4 weeks.....i hope before summer anyway. I have had a few problems so travel has been delayed.

My Avatar pic, i cannot remember where i got it from, i think it was from some Urantia book based website... it is lovely isnt it....

Im going through a quiet phase at the moment because im fed up with waiting to travel, i will hopefully liven up soon...

Take care..

Love Sarah xxxx
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi Bing
Yes this thread does get into some amazing discussions, I kind of look at the thread now as a huge coffee table with everyone chatting away and anyone in the world can join in and have a cuppa. I have laughed, cried and learnt so much from everyone. Thanks for the link to the course on The Secret I will be doing that as well...
Much love to all Gypsie 8)
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Friends :D ,

Sandy, Thanks for the vote of confidence on what I'm learning about herbs, nutrition and such! I'm still new enough that I have to look most of it up in books since I don't know it off the top of my head, but it's a start!
Interestingly, I took a 10-week herbal-medicine course back in Colorado about a year and a half ago, with an herbalist who had been inspired by the Urantia Book -- she said that according to the UB, Eve (of Adam and Eve) was an herbalist. That was the first time I'd ever heard of the UB. It
was independently of this that I later found these boards after seeing the time prompts for a while, and heard again about the UB here! A pretty cool synchroncity! :colors:

I do already have a food processor with an "S" blade, although it's a bit klunky; the little locking mechanism that won't let you start it until the lid's on is broken, so we have to fold up a piece of paper and push it into the little lid-locking groove to get it to start! :lol: But other than that, it basically works. I Was also reading that an electric juicers another good tool to have, but that one can probably get by with an inexpensive manual juicer and/or a blender if need be. Thanks for telling me about your raw-foodist friend; I'll keep her in mind as a resource.

I think we can all relate to getting busy and falling into the habit of just doing what's easiest and fastest; it really takes a conscious,concerted effort to do otherwise, in this day and age! :roll:

I can also relate to being "willpowerless" regarding exercise; I finally had to get out my datebook, write down all the routines I'm supposed to do for each week for several weeks, and draw a big checkbox on each day that I have to check off after I've exercised. The thought of having to go back in and erase it all and rewrite it if I get off schedule is the main thing that's kept me from slacking off on more than one occasion already! :lol:

AJ, Thanks for confirming your highly-useful water formula for us! :D

Hey All, speaking of water again, I just discovered a way to make water more fun to drink: There's a local restaurant here in town that has subtly really good-tasting water that makes you keep wanting to drink more of it, and I've been wondering for a while what makes it so good. After our recent discussions on these boards, I began to wonder if it might be vanilla extract, so tonight at dinner, I mixed a couple drops of vanilla extract into a tall glass of ice water, and sure enough, that's the flavor -- it really does make the water more appealing! :thumright:

Hi Bing! Thanks for that link -- it looks like a really substantial course, a great deal, especially for being free! I signed up for it too. :D

Gypsie, your comment about this thread being like a big coffee table reminds me of a dream I had a couple nights ago. It took place in a big city somewhere, and in the dream, George had a huge two-story warehouse/workroom that had multiple entrances on the ground floor from a city sidewalk. In the dream, I and several others, probably all of us on these boards, routinely accessed it and knew our way around. It was sunny and spacious, and full of shelves and tables with various tools and supplies stored on them. When I woke up, I thought, hey, maybe there's a shared Akashic Construct that exists somewhere on the dream plane that we're all able to meet in and tap into the resources of! What a cool concept! :colors:

Love and Blessing All LUV2 ,

Debbie
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi Debbie

What a powerful dream and the concept brings it all together :hithere

I wonder what George and others think about this dream plane with a Alastic Construct????

Beautiful thought.....

I have my Secret Audio in the post from the US as we speak. My friend has it and loves to listen to it while she travels with work.
Much Love Gypsie :loves
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Heya Debbie!
The idea that we all know and work with each other during dreamtime makes alot of sense to me and I do believe that it is true!

Vanilla extract in water... I remember when I was young my friends and I would put vanilla extract in our water and play like it was beer :lol: Yep, we were wierd :wink: Anyhoo.. what do you suggest... 2 drops per gallon or something like that?

Thanks to you and all for the wonder-full info.

Hugs All Around :cheers:
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hey Mo! :hithere

Come to think of it, there was in fact some talk about various members of these boards meeting and talking together in dreams in another fairly recent thread. I did a search and managed to find it: http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?p=64479#64479. In fact, Mo, more than one person on that thread dreamed that you were urging them to practice yoga in their dreams! :lol:

Weird is relative, I guess! When I was young, my friends and I would pretend we were coyotes and eat dog biscuits! Oddly enough, they didn't even taste that bad! :lol: As for the vanilla-water, I added about two drops of vanilla extract to 10 oz or so of water, but you could experiment to find the amount you liked the best.

Love, Blessings and Hugs to All LUV2,
Debbie