Hello

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
calicomeow
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Hello

Post by calicomeow »

I don't know whether to feel like a gullible idiot, or if something real is happening. There are people all over

the Internet saying it is real, but what kind of real? Real, in that yes it happens, or real in that there is a

significant meaning behind it? Because between 11:11 and other repeated number sequences, I've been seeing them

mighty often here lately. But isn't it human propensity to notice the pattern and give it meaning while ignoring

the non-pattern? So I'm doing an experiment, I'm going to see if I notice the time 12:52 any more often than

11:11, to test the randomness. I picked 12:52 as a number at random, one unlikely to stand out... I don't know

what to think because although I don't have schizophrenia personally, my mother does... and if I go along with this

its mighty close to allowing myself to indulge in schizophrenic thoughts, the kinds of thoughts that assign

grandiose meanings to insignificant things. I don't want to be one to fall victim to that. But then you might be

wondering why do I care about this at all then? Well, one day recently I saw 11:11 am. Later on that day I got

real curious about it and decided to look it up online. I read an article for no more than a couple of minutes,

and when I got done, do you know what the clock said? 11:14pm. I was floored. It must've been 11:11 when I

started reading. And there have been three other instances since then, and a few others of repeated sequences.

Yesterday was 2:22, and today was 1:11. So am I crazy or what? And if I'm not, then I want to know. I've always

loved anything mysterious or out of this world. And I want to know. And although I realize that there are things

that science isn't meant to know, I still want to balance it with an objective, scientific view. It's too easy to

get carried away, and exaggerate the significance of pure coincidence... so I will carry on with my 12:52

experiment, as I keep reading this forum.
lilly

Re: Hello

Post by lilly »

Hi calicomeow

You are in the right place!!! Welcome once again.....the first forum will be helpful to read.
Love lilly xx :hithere
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

calicomeow wrote: So I'm doing an experiment, I'm going to see if I notice the time 12:52 any more often than

11:11, to test the randomness. I picked 12:52 as a number at random, one unlikely to stand out...
Well it is of course a requirement that pattern recognition come into play. I suppose you can consciously put a number into your pattern recognition, but frankly I would be more impressed if you threw away your wrist watch, or at the very least made sure it was analogue, and stopped watching clocks. Then there is the matter of the number changing. I do not think any of us have ever considered that we could, or should choose the number, as you are doing.

I will repeat something that happened to me. I am normally a good sleeper. But I woke exactly once on three consecutive nights, and I looked at the clock once, which again is unusual, because I do not necessarily look at the clock if I wake. I got 11:22, 3:33 and 4:44 over three nights.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
daemon
Old Friend

Post by daemon »

hi calico
i think the question is, whats real to YOU
what reason would you have to feel like a gullible (insert not so nice word here)? is it that maybe you'd be conforming to the overall opinion without finding out for yourself?(forming your own understanding)
...take note of your experience... observe your thoughts as you continue in this investigation of yours

you want to know...? what do you want to know? ask yourself- look within
in time... while searching for your answer... living your life as you would normally- and keeping these questions in the back of your mind... you begin to see things differently...

11:11- it's real to me- i can't explain its exact meaning... but these numbers definitely started to appear around the time i wished to look for that something, "more" and get closer to soul... closer to god

crazy??? whats that? :roll :cheese: :cyclopsani:

forgive me if i am being too bold...
welcome to the forum

love
eric
jfarris
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by jfarris »

I agree with daemon...about the real to you...IMO there is only one type of 'real', and that would be real. It has an opposite, signifying the absence of real, known as 'unreal'. But that is an entirely different animal.

To use light as an allegory, darkness is the absence of light....not a different kind of light. Am i making my self clear?? 8) :cyclopsani:
:mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."