A forum for the study and discussion of the Urantia Book
Starwalker
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Friday Zoom Meetings

Post by Starwalker »

Hi Eric,

There is certainly more to life than what’s written in the UB. I have no desire to argue over beliefs, and tend to just take things at face value. A person’s beliefs are a reflection of where they are at the present moment. It’s when people crystallize their beliefs and impose them on others as the absolute truth that disagreements arise. On this issue, maybe you’re right. But belief isn’t as important as faith though. Perhaps we can discuss belief vs faith next time we meet.

So, it turns out that all systems failed last night. I was ready to go but no one showed up. But I’m still ready to go whenever anyone else is. I’ll be playing it by ear from now on though.

Take care,
Jon
“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

I'm sorry Jon. I was ready to go but then read you were planning on using last Friday's session to get Cam caught up on what she had missed.
It hadn't been a good day and I was feeling a bit low so I opted to hide out at the house.
I'm sorry I didn't let you know one way or the other. That won't happen again.
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

No worries, Sandy. Yes, I was thinking we could revisit some of the older slides with CAM. But I was assuming she was going to attend. But looking back, she didn't really confirm that. Anyway, no harm, no foul. And now I have this week's slide deck ready to go, so I'm ahead of the game.

I hope you are in higher spirits now. I'll put some light in the field for you. :)
“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for that Jon, and for letting me off the hook so graciously.
I am feeling great this morning!
:sunny:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

Glad to hear you’re feeling better Sandy.

What’s everyone’s plans for this evening? I’m available to meet if anyone else is.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

badumdumdumdiggydiggydiggyrum

I hope to be there!
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Our complex just lost power again. I'm posting from the phone but dependent on recovery I may not make it as I'll have to transport my produce with hopes of salvaging. It all depends, right now they're saying power won't come back until 6:30PM central but it's been a strange week with the bad weather and previous outages. Fingers crossed.
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

There’s no pressure to meet. We can try again next week. I am volunteering early tomorrow morning, so it would be nice to get a few extra winks. I hope you all get that power situation fixed up soon.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I'm back online! Woo = )

I'll be there.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Mom and I are running very late today. I can't make it tonight. Just now getting her supper ready. She is a bit uneasy today.
Hopefully next week... :(
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

No worries Sandy. Next week we're on Paper 1! So I suppose I better get reading this time. :x Maybe I'll read a little before and after Monday meditation/AC workshop number 3.

Hope to see you there my sweet friend. :sunflower:
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

This week I was very close to getting in my car and driving away never to be seen again. But I remembered that my drivers license expires next week, so I had to stick around. For now anyway.

That said, I don’t have anything prepared for this evening and have a few errands to run right now. We could still meet up for a chat if anyone is interested. I’ll check back when I get home.
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

Well, I’m back. And it doesn’t look like there’s much interest in meeting. Of course it was short notice. Perhaps I’ll spend the evening planning my great escape. Lol. Just kidding. I hope everyone is doing well!
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I'm here, waiting on Zoom.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Jon,
It looks like my post on this thread didn't take. I suspect I closed the message board before it was finished as I was making supper and things were getting critical. But as it was...the "hockey pucks" weren't too hard to eat. (Our family has always had strong teeth. :lol: )

It sounds like your week was not so great...I'm sorry about that. I hope you can recharge and at the very least plan your "escape" this weekend.
I'm here if you want a quick chat. Just let me know.

xxSandy
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

Hello Eric and everyone!

Heeeeeeey that's a nice thing you have going here. I'm probably too busy to try this zoom group, but it does looks interesting at least on subjects. Perhaps should we have a forum where the theme can be discussed and have closing conclusions ? Just an idea.

About your post Eric:
happyrain wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:52 pm I always thought the Soul was eternal and that we come to this world with a Soul which already contains knowledge. I know the UB doesn't believe in reincarnation per se but it is a belief I have, believing that my Soul has potentially come from another world. I already have conflicting ideas which shows I don't really *know* what I'm talking about, just feelings and attitudes that I learn towards. One big feeling I learn towards is, "Forms are many Soul is One." In other words, "All God." So my first question is, is the UB implying that we do not start with a soul?
I don't think so, since it calls it immortal...

In the definition it calls the Spirit immortal and nonpersonal- a personality is something we're gifted(according to the UB) but it goes on to say that the Soul is acquired by doing the will of a father which transforms it into a *new reality- the foundation is essentially morontial which is apparently a combination of material and spiritual...

I'm a little confused here :roll
UBook is to be question at all times. Truth can handle that. If one gets frustrated or angry, perhaps the belief needs to be reviewed. But as it was said on the forum, it is personal. For instance, my sister in law believes that tsunamis are caused by the moon. I didn't argue, she wasn't asking for my opinion, she just stated it, and I just smiled. I felt like I had a little sister with an interesting imagination, but she said she read about it. Anyone can question everything, but to look answer within themselves, takes a lot. To some just try and feel what their perception is like, and if it resonates with their logic, that is the truth they perceive, which might be very far from the Truth, but at least is a step.

So now onto the subject. I can tell you about the experience I have with the children of my brother in law (political nephews as we call them here). When the little one turned 6, he changed. He has always been a stray bullet and always seemed to be running for his life due to misbehaving. My brother in law still believes in the flying sandal kind of raising method. But when little nephew turned 6, he faced his father, telling the truth about what happened. He didn't run away, he didn't had anyone to defend him. He just did. His moral compass changed and he faced his father confessing that he had broke that thing, because he was angry, and that his sister and brother had nothing to do with it.

I saw my brother in law, pale that day. Pure sheer Truth, told in time shakes the soul, and it seems that violence cannot just emerge.

Now, my daughter, she looks like everyone (2 and a half years old). She looks like her aunt (mother side), her grandmother (my side), like me and like lots of other people. She hasn't met her grandfather by my side yet (covid hadn't let us move much), but she walks like him, looks angry like her grandmother. She has lots of things that hasn't seen anyone do (and truth to be told, she is kind of a copy cat, everything she sees she replicates) but she does those things. She likes opera music and old movies songs. I have a theory, but it is only that. I believe to some point in time before the soul is born, we have access to genetic memory. But afterwards, at 6 years old or so, everything just changes. It's like a makeover. Even though I still remember when I bit my cradle where I sleep in my parent's bedroom, I still recall the taste of that wood. So I believe that we have a mind, that records everything, and some memories are worth remembering in this life.

The arrival of the TA and the birth of the soul, start from the first moral choice you make. I believe it has also to do with our education and physiological brain, to be able to make choices on your own. But you're right, at some point something doesn't adds up. There are several cases of people that met their offspring before they were even born, as a full grown personality or person. They met them, when they had a NDE. There are some people that are advanced enough, so you can actually blame that on their T.A., that might had experience before.

So what then ? I can actually tell that there are multiple possibilities here, just like life diversity here on the planet. For instance there are celestial pre-existent being can come to this planet and have a mortal experience. Rules might say that you cannot completely remember all, but perhaps just a little. To most the others, we just start as a soul when we turn 6 on our first moral choice. We are potentially immortal, but that too is still our choice to make.

Have a great week!
--
Oscar E. :hithere
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thank you Oscar! It would be really cool to have you on the Zoom call sometime.I can't wait for the day to see Sandy, Jon, Oscar and maybe Kim or Geoff- Rod. Why not? One day... But even just one more, and I think you would be a great contribution, is very exciting!

I actually came here to report that I am likely not going to attend this week- I am taking a little break from all my Zoom call connectivity(here and elsewhere) and picking things back up next week. I did not meditate yesterday with the group either, instead, I opted in for a bowl of frozen fruit(sliced bananas) and some fresh blackberries as I watched mind numbing television. :lol: The Cancerian male in me must be recharging in its typical fashion- a bit hermit like in nature~

What you speculate is fascinating. Jon and I actually got to touch up on the subject a little bit in last weeks chat. I have a feeling that I *chose to come here. I remember having awareness in the womb. Or... The experience was, that I* whatever constitutes the I* exist, as formless awareness... Somehow suspended in this blackness aware of *itself. Apparently I spent a lot of time in the womb, so much so that any longer and it would have been life threatening to my Mother and they had to perform an emergency C-section. What a trip. :roll

I think you're right, we have access to genetic history. What I was theorizing with Jon is that it's quite possible we chose our blood line on a soul level in order to help heal the genetic lineage. Does it sound crazy? Maybe to some. . . But I don't think such an idea is to far off from the reality of our *being here. At least for me, it has served a purpose.

So, we're supposed to dive into Paper 1 this Friday. And I want to re-read it because it is very interesting. If you have anything you'd like to share about it, please post here. What is your favorite part of Paper 1? That could be a good start, what does it mean to you?

One thing I think I may have also mentioned to Jon regarding paper 1 is this... And now that I'm typing it may come out a little more elaborate- but God is described as a He and often. I personally believe God is a He* a She* and all the known definitions of what we could ever produce describing God. Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Child, Stranger, Friend, Love, Enemy... ALL GOD. That is my belief. I wonder if the book is continually calling God a He because that is most aligned with the information already present within the sleeping subject? Though I can't physically see God- I often have felt the energy of a presence that is not actually male or female. And sometimes it's either or. My *friend on the other side* those beings more intelligent than this little me... I have called Mother. Not Father. I have also come to know 14 as a friend, a jokester, and a divine Female and divine Male figure... How could 14 be all these things? Well.

The Peacock Angel is considered an androgynous being neither male or female but having risen through duality this Being contains both archetypes. Does it make sense? What's your take on all that... ? The Peacock Angel is also considered the first, "Deviation" or "Creation" of God in various cultures. We don't have to get so hung up on the origin stories... I'm just sharing to make the point, some of the more advanced beings aren't necessarily a He or a She as we know it. So why is God considered a *He most assuredly through out the UBook?
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

Thanks for chiming in, Oscar! It seems you bring a lot of knowledge to the table. I mirror Eric’s sentiments that it would be great to meet you in a Zoom call if you can ever spare the time.

Eric, whether you call God Father or Mother is completely up to you. We haven’t gotten this far in the book yet, but the Eternal Son, Second Source and Center is actually referred to as the Mother Son. I believe the term Father is used in the UB for a number of reasons. Firstly, the book is Jesusonian, and Jesus taught us that God was our Father. “Our Father who art in heaven..”

Males are the dominant sex on this planet. Therefore, the term Father carries a more powerful connotation for the Almighty. But each of us is different and can refer to God in our own way. It’s more of a matter of what works for you. There is a section of Paper 1 that discusses this very topic. In some parts of the universe the name of God is neither masculine or feminine. But as we grow to know God better it’s natural that we would refer to him as a parent.

I hope this answers your question. I hope you enjoy your little break from it all. Catch up with you again next week!
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

Hello Eric and everyone,

Yes, I would like to join the Zoom call, sounds great. I'm going to make it happen somehow (sounds like moving a mountain of some sorts).
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm I actually came here to report that I am likely not going to attend this week- I am taking a little break from all my Zoom call connectivity(here and elsewhere) and picking things back up next week. I did not meditate yesterday with the group either, instead, I opted in for a bowl of frozen fruit(sliced bananas) and some fresh blackberries as I watched mind numbing television. :lol: The Cancerian male in me must be recharging in its typical fashion- a bit hermit like in nature~
I have met quite a few people like us, that need time just doing 'nothing' into existence. I believe that was a comedian (don't remember which one), that said, that men have a box in their minds with nothing in it. We just like, from time to time, just be. Although for me it's a couple times a year.

About this one:
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm What you speculate is fascinating. Jon and I actually got to touch up on the subject a little bit in last weeks chat. I have a feeling that I *chose to come here. I remember having awareness in the womb. Or... The experience was, that I* whatever constitutes the I* exist, as formless awareness... Somehow suspended in this blackness aware of *itself. Apparently I spent a lot of time in the womb, so much so that any longer and it would have been life threatening to my Mother and they had to perform an emergency C-section. What a trip. :roll
I do remember parts of being in my mothers' womb. She would be talking about "Simón Bolívar" the south american liberator, or just hearing how she would laugh out loud. I don't quite understood it back then, but dream about it later and then understood.
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm I think you're right, we have access to genetic history. What I was theorizing with Jon is that it's quite possible we chose our blood line on a soul level in order to help heal the genetic lineage. Does it sound crazy? Maybe to some. . . But I don't think such an idea is to far off from the reality of our *being here. At least for me, it has served a purpose.
Some people believe that we choose our life and everything into it (money, partners, friends, country, even how we die) before coming into this world. Even the world is chosen. This sounds interesting, because all our worries would be for nothing. If the choice has been made, why worry? And yet, before knowing anything about where we are now (Ubook, Celestials, TA...), we couldn't just be aware of the 'coincidences' that were headed our way. So choice in this life, has a saying. Everything might be set, but one can choose to ignore, willingly or just not there yet, so the possibilities actually multiple by several, on how life is carried. Cool isn't? This life, it's just full of possible choices.
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm So, we're supposed to dive into Paper 1 this Friday. And I want to re-read it because it is very interesting. If you have anything you'd like to share about it, please post here. What is your favorite part of Paper 1? That could be a good start, what does it mean to you?
I believe ten posts couldn't fit about my favourite parts about the Universal Father. Like Jesus, I just love talking about our Father in Heavens. But I'll try to humor you. There are tons of things I like from Paper 1. But If I were to choose, is that there is an Universal Father. You see, in every religion (I'm catholic, still would be, even if I don't agree), they talk about God. "If you don't do God's will, then this, then that..." I didn't grow up into fearing God, but this notion always seemed weird to me. Nobody talks about our Universal Father. So for Universal Father to be introduced before anything else just shook every roots of myself. And not because what I found in Paper 1, but what came afterwards. If there is an Universal Father, Who created anything and everything, so everyone and everything is somehow family. This was the first thing that came into mind and heart. But later, it just evolved, we are more than family, as you said, we are all part of One and the same. To actually hurt another person it's like shooting oneself in the foot.

The second part of Paper 1 that I loved is the comment at the end: "I portray the reality and truth of the Father’s nature and attributes with unchallengeable authority; I know whereof I speak." I know lots of things in my career. I know my 1 + 1 = 2, but even I know lots of things, I would never say something like this. Don't get me wrong, I can answer to my profession if needed when asked (we all study for that), but to actually go and say, 'I know what I'm talking about', that is not going to happen, because I consider myself always a student. Even if I master certain subjects, when passing this knowledge, I'm always learning from those who benefit.

This one is interesting:
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm One thing I think I may have also mentioned to Jon regarding paper 1 is this... And now that I'm typing it may come out a little more elaborate- but God is described as a He and often. I personally believe God is a He* a She* and all the known definitions of what we could ever produce describing God. Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Child, Stranger, Friend, Love, Enemy... ALL GOD. That is my belief. I wonder if the book is continually calling God a He because that is most aligned with the information already present within the sleeping subject? Though I can't physically see God- I often have felt the energy of a presence that is not actually male or female. And sometimes it's either or. My *friend on the other side* those beings more intelligent than this little me... I have called Mother. Not Father. I have also come to know 14 as a friend, a jokester, and a divine Female and divine Male figure... How could 14 be all these things? Well.
I believe Universal Father in Paper 1, as the First Source and Center of all Creation. If I keep saying the Universal Father, you know that I'm actually talking about Him. But as Jon says, it is your choice as you refer to God. If you translate to Spanish "The First Source and Center", you get: "La Primera Fuente" (Female) "y Centro" (Male). Perhaps this is some sort of advantage in language, but you could say that is both. There is much in the UBook about this, for instance Jesus, came to portray the aspects of that ALL GOD, and came always talking about the Father. In a world where males mistreat females, a Loving Father above all, makes quite sense. But we would be getting way ahead of ourselves in the UBook.

Just remembered some dear One to us in this one:
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm The Peacock Angel is considered an androgynous being neither male or female but having risen through duality this Being contains both archetypes. Does it make sense? What's your take on all that... ? The Peacock Angel is also considered the first, "Deviation" or "Creation" of God in various cultures. We don't have to get so hung up on the origin stories... I'm just sharing to make the point, some of the more advanced beings aren't necessarily a He or a She as we know it. So why is God considered a *He most assuredly through out the UBook?
I don't completely recall, if it was in one of George's books, but at first he couldn't see Primary Midwayer Andrea. When he did saw Andrea, he saw a Being with beard and breasts. I think you can actually make faces in the spirit world, or kind of send the wrong message, but I think he was startled to find out that that androgynous beings exists. I believe George later had to apologise. I didn't know him that well, Sandy might have more on this. But I've read his books, and I found the most easygoing person. So the shock was something great.

When we are in our mother's womb, at some point, we are androgynous. In seventh to eighth week thinks start to change. But before that, you can see that a female and a male are almost exactly the same. God is Love and Light. So why bother with male and female in the UBook? We, by choice, are from a plane which is consider the lowest starting point in Creation. To actually look up to God, we have to do it in our perspective, even if it's not accurate for everyone. So why God doesn't state it bluntly ? Because God only know two types of people: Those who love God because they know God, and those who don't love God because they don't know God. (See what I did there?)

I bet God's smiling right now, because words just don't cut it. It is still your choice. I know women who heard their T.A. and it is a soft male voice. I also know men who hear a very soft kind of female voice. There is also the soft male and female voices for males and females respectively.

There are some cultures that state we both have a male and female minds. Logic and intuition? This is for you to explore. Keep on meditating, you eventually grow into it.

Regards!
--
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

I wish sometimes that my answers were like Jon's!

Hahaha!

Regards!
--
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thank you All for the encouraging and thought provoking discussion.

Oscar, the conference call takes place at 6PM Central standard Friday.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You guys are awesome! What thought-provoking discussions.
Oscar, it is so lovely seeing you on the message board. I can't believe your little daughter is over 2 now. They change so quickly. My grandsons will be 13 and 8 this year. :shock:

Speaking of grandchildren, I get to visit my children for two weeks so sadly I won't be able to make the next two Urantia book Zoom meetings. I will try to keep up with the readings anyway, so I won't be terribly behind when I return. I'll be thinking of you guys!

I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend.

love to all,
Sandy
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

Hello Sandy!!!

It's been double forever since I've been in the forum. I didn't even know there was a problem with the sign-ups! Well is not my area, I'm still translating to Spanish the Celestial Messages.

About my little girl, yes, she is almost 1 meter tall, and 15 kgs of weight. She now runs. Those 2 and a half, seemed to have doubled her battery of some sorts. A handful really! Even at my 42 years, I've needed to workout just to keep up with her. Meditation helps a lot. She doesn't talk properly just yet, but she is very smart, perceptive, receptive, and full copy cat of everything she sees she does!

Have a nice weekend too!

Regards,
--
Starwalker
Family

Post by Starwalker »

Hi everyone,

I won’t be able to meet tonight. I’m thinking that Friday nights won’t be the best time for me going forward. What’s everyone’s availability on Sundays?

Jon
lethaniel
New Friend

Post by lethaniel »

Sounds interesting. What timezone would that be ?

I think I'm available.

Let me know anything.

Regards,
--